I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by kingintraining.wordpress.com. who writes a beautiful blog herself that I not only enjoy, but also find challenging. Being challenged is a good thing. Thank you so much, my friend.
I do admit, being only a few months into the blogging scene, I am totally unfamiliar with “awards” and how they work, and quite uncomfortable with them. I actually have struggled with how I feel about this. My only purpose for The View is to encourage others and to point them to Jesus. After a little research, I learned that the basic purpose of the WordPress Versatile Blogger Award, given by bloggers to bloggers, is to support and encourage each other. It also provides a means to share with others, sites that have had an impact on yourself. That certainly seems to fit with the mission of The View, and of Thessalonians 5:11, which says, “Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up. . .”, especially since the sites that I recommend seek to honor Christ as well.
Every post on the View is bathed in prayer, and as such, not a work of my own hands. I certainly can take no credit for anything I’ve written. But here’s what I’ll do. I’ll join with the many others and thankfully accept it, KIT, on behalf of the “author” and finisher of my faith, Jesus Christ, without which and whom, there would be no “View from Here.” May God continue to bless you, your family and blog, as you minister on behalf of Him. I love that we can be continents away but connected by Jesus!
These are the “rules” for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the blogger who gave the award and link to their blog.
- Share seven things about yourself that people may not know.
- Give this award to up to 15 bloggers (and link to them).
- Comment on their blogs to tell them of the award.
Okay, so for whatever reasons, here are seven things most in the blogosphere would not know, or maybe even care to know (LOL), about me:
- I love creating – from sewing to painting – all things creative.
- I am a cardboard junkie!. That’s right. I love making decorative items and scenery out of cardboard for VBS programs, sets for drama presentations, etc.
- I used to own and operate a beauty salon.
- I LOVE dogs of any breed or size, and most four-legged animals.
- I was a pastor’s wife for 21 years until my husband’s retirement from pastoral ministry in 2001. (I’m still his wife, in case anyone’s wondering.)
- I live with the challenge of Ankylosing Spondylitis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- I love to write and have had a few devotional articles published in a devotional guide, a series of Advent monologs published with a drama publishing Co. and a dinner theater script currently being perused by the same Co.
I appreciate the edification I receive from each of the blogs I follow, and would like to nominate the following for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Again, thanks KIT, for the encouragement, and I encourage you all to check out these inspiring blog spot favorites of mine! May we all continue, as iron sharpening iron, to edify one another in Christ.
That’s the view from here . . .